We got this Pumpkin Patch Bread and Muffins Mix from a Tastefully Simple party and tried it over the weekend. It is super simple to prepare! All you have to do is to add water and an egg (or egg substitute), mix it all together and bake in the oven at 350 °F for 40-45 minutes. The result is a delicious, flavorful pumpkin bread you can enjoy with friends, like we did during a small pumpkin painting party last weekend. Here is the full recipe from the back panel of the box:
- Preheat oven to 350 °F
- Combine ingredients (1 cup water, mix, 1 egg) in a medium bowl; stir until well blended
- Spread batter into greased 9 x 5 loaf pan. We used olive oil to grease the pan.
- Bake 40 – 43 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean; cool completely before slicing.
- Makes about 12 servings
Here is what we like about this product –
- Very easy to make and tastes very good.
- Added walnuts and dried pumpkin flakes add to the flavor.
- Uses enriched flour to provide vitamins and minerals.
- No trans fat, no cholesterol (you get some from the egg).
- Provides fiber and protein.
Here is what we don’t like about this product –
- Heavily processed with a long list of ingredients – contains trans fats from partially hydrogenated soybean and cottonseed oils.c
- Contains added sugar and salt.
- Not appropriate if you or your child has wheat, soy or nut allergy.
Overall, I think this is a very convenient and tasteful way to enjoy the season and to celebrate Halloween with friends! Have you tried it? Share your experience in comments below.
Disclaimer – I have not received any sponsorship or free samples of product from Tastefully Simple for writing this review. For complete nutritional information and other products, visit Tastefully Simple website.