It seems like there has been an increase in new quinoa products, or maybe it is because we now pay more attention to them on our shopping trips! We call it the unrecognized superfood. It does take a little getting used to and develop a taste for it. But there is no doubt about its exceptional nutritional value.
That is why we are glad to have stumbled upon yet another quinoa product from Ancient Harvest, this time in the form of flakes. You can use them as a hot breakfast cereal, which I have already tried twice this week. I added a few raisins and a spoon of honey to improve its taste. Quinoa flakes can also be used in pancakes or waffles, or as a coating for cooking fish or chicken.
Here is what we like about this product –
- Made with 100% organic quinoa
- Very easy to make a hot breakfast cereal, just like oatmeal
- Rich in iron, phosphorus, thiamin (vitmain B1) and riboflavin (vitamin B2)
- Gluten free, non GMO
- No saturated fat or trans fat, no cholesterol, no added sugar
- 2.4 g fiber, 4.3 g protein per serving
- Quinoa is a low glycemic index grain and it contains many amino acids (building blocks of proteins)
Here is what we don’t like about this product –
- Although easy to use, you really need to improve its taste as a hot breakfast cereal.
Overall, we are giving it a thumbs up. I think this is a great idea and we plan to make other recipes using this product!
Disclaimer – I have not received any sponsorship or free samples of product from Ancient Harvest Quinoa for writing this review. For complete nutritional information and other products, visit Quinoa Corporation.